If you are travelling by plane from and within Canada, you are required to bring your own face covering. In light of the evolving situation with COVID-19, all passengers and non-passengers must wear a face covering and place it over their mouth and nose before entering the screening checkpoint. As of July 30, if you are travelling from Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto-Pearson or Montreal airports, you must undergo mandatory temperature screening before entering security screening. Here’s some other changes we’ve made at the checkpoint.
How to Pack your Carry-on
Your carry-on baggage and bins will go through the X-ray machine so that a screening officer can examine their contents. Sometimes carry-on bags require an additional search if screening officers see items that aren’t permitted.
- If you are not sure what items are allowed in carry-on, check our What Can I Bring? list before you pack.
- Ensure you can easily remove your laptop computer, video and film cameras from your carry-on.
- Place personal toiletry items in a clear plastic bag. Only bring liquids, aerosols and gels that are packaged in containers with a capacity of 100 ml / 100 grams (3.4 oz) or less. All these items must fit into one transparent, closed and resealable plastic bag with a capacity of no more than 1L (1 qt).
- Certain powders and granular materials (e.g. baby powder, foot powder, some cooking powders and seasonings, sand) in your carry are limited to a total quantity of 350 ml or less.
- Exempted liquids – like medication, baby formula or breast milk– should be packed so that they can easily be removed from carry-on baggage for inspection.
- Avoid packing gifts and souvenirs containing liquids, aerosols and gels in your carry-on. These include: liquor, wine, beer, snowglobes, cans of condensed soup, maple syrup, perfume, and lotion. Put them in checked baggage or ship them separately.
- Fragile items such as prescription eyewear and sunglasses, dishes, figurines and glassware should be properly packed inside of your carry-on bag so that you can ensure the item does not get broken.