How to Submit a Privacy Act Request
- Steps to Submit a Privacy Act Request
- Who Can File a Privacy Act Request?
- Cost of Filing a Privacy Act Request
1. Complete the Personal Information Request Form or letter with the following information:
- A statement, indicating that you are making a request under the Privacy Act;
- clearly indicate the specific personal information you are seeking;
- your name, address, telephone numbers and email address (if applicable); and,
- your signature, as we cannot begin to process an e-mail personal information request until our office receives your signature.
Please DO NOT include your Social Insurance Number, passport number or driver’s licence number with your initial request.
2. Send your form or letter to:
CATSA Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) Office
99 Bank Street
- You must either be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or be in Canada to make a Privacy request.
- If you are not a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or present in Canada, you can have a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or someone present in Canada submit a request on your behalf.
There is no fee for processing a request under the Privacy Act.