If you are travelling by plane from and within Canada, you are required to bring your own face covering. In light of the evolving situation with COVID-19, all passengers and non-passengers must wear a face covering and place it over their mouth and nose before entering the screening checkpoint. You can use disposable or homemade facemasks, scarves, bandanas, or any type of material that covers your nose and mouth and is secured to your head. If you cannot wear a face covering for medical or health reasons, please let the screening officers know before going through the checkpoint. Here’s some other changes we’ve made at the checkpoint.
Copyright/Permission to Reproduce
Materials on this website have been produced and/or compiled by the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) for the purpose of providing Canadians with direct access to information about the programs and services offered by the Government of Canada.
The material on this site is covered by: the Copyright Act; Canadian laws, policies, regulations; and, by international agreements. Such copyright serves to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without explicit written permission.
Information on this site has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal and public non-commercial use. Unless otherwise noted by the application of the copyright symbol (©), materials on this site may be reproduced, in part or in whole and by any means, without charge or further permission from the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority. We ask only that:
- Users exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced
- Canadian Air Transport Security Authority be identified as the source ; and,
- The reproduction is not represented as an official version of the materials reproduced, or as having been made in affiliation with or with the endorsement of the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority.
Reproduction of multiple copies of materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution is prohibited except with written permission from the Government of Canada's copyright administrator, Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC). Through the permission-granting process, PWGSC helps to ensure that individuals / organizations wishing to reproduce Government of Canada materials for commercial purposes have access to the most accurate, up-to-date versions. To obtain permission to reproduce materials on this site for commercial purposes, please contact:
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Publishing and Depository Services
350 Albert Street, 4th Floor
K1A 0S5 or
Some of the materials and graphical elements found on Government of Canada websites are subject to copyrights held by other organizations. This is particularly true of sites that are jointly operated by a Government of Canada institution and an external organization as part of a collaborative arrangement. In such cases, some restrictions on the reproduction of materials or graphical elements may apply and it may be necessary to seek permission from the rights holder prior to reproducing the material.
- The Canadian Air Transport Security Authority does not automatically gather any personal information from you, such as your name, phone number, e-mail or street address during your visit to its websites. This information is only obtained if you supply it voluntarily, usually through contacting us via e-mail, web form, or registering in a secure portion of the site.
- All personal information you do provide is protected under the federal Privacy Act. This means that, at the point of collection, you will be informed that your personal information is being collected, the purpose for which it is being collected and that you have a right of access to the information.
- The Canadian Air Transport Security Authority employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. This software receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer that has contacted our website, the date and time of the visit and the pages visited. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site unless an attempt to damage the site has been detected.
- Information on individual visitors is used by the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority employees to respond to requests or to ensure the security of this system. We only share the information you give us with other government departments if your inquiry relates to that department. We do not use the information to create individual profiles, nor do we disclose this information to anyone outside of the federal government.
Questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of the Privacy Act in the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority may be directed to the Access to Information and Privacy Division at CATSA.
If you are not satisfied that we have adequately respected your privacy, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner by calling 1-800-282-1376 or via the Internet at www.priv.gc.ca.
The Canadian Air Transport Security Authority respects the Official Languages Act and is committed to ensuring all information on this site is available in both French and English. However, users should be aware that some information from external sources that are not subject to the Official Languages Act is only provided as a convenience and is available only in the language in which it was originally published.
Accessible Transportation for Persons with Disabilities
The Canadian Air Transport Security Authority is subject to the Accessible Transportation for Persons with Disabilities Regulations.
Links to websites not under the control of the Government of Canada are provided solely for the convenience of users. The Government of Canada is not responsible for the accuracy, currency or the reliability of the content. The Government of Canada does not offer any guarantee in that regard and is not responsible for the information found through these links, nor does it endorse the sites and their contents.
Users should be aware that information offered by non-Government of Canada sites that are not subject to the Official Languages Act and to which the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority links, may be available only in the language(s) used by the sites in question.