If you are travelling by plane from and within Canada, you are required to bring your own face covering. In light of the evolving situation with COVID-19, all passengers and non-passengers must wear a face covering and place it over their mouth and nose before entering the screening checkpoint. Take note: As of September 23, in addition to temperature screening occurring at Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto and Montreal airports, 11 more have been added to the list. If you are also travelling from St. John’s, Halifax, Québec City, Ottawa, Toronto-Billy Bishop, Winnipeg, Regina, Saskatoon, Edmonton, Kelowna or Victoria, you will undergo temperature screening. Here’s some other changes we’ve made at the checkpoint.
Procurement and Contracting
CATSA’s procurement and contracting activities are conducted in a manner that ensures that its operational requirements are always met and that transparency, openness, fairness and value for money are promoted.
CATSA publicly tenders most of its requirements for goods and/or services. CATSA posts requests for proposals, requests for standing offers and other procurement solicitation documents on the Canadian electronic-tendering service MERX.
For more information on doing business with CATSA, please contact Procurement and Contracting.
- CATSA’s standard purchase order terms and conditions (PDF) for purchase orders under $50,000 issued from April 2019 to current date.
- Contractor Code of Conduct (PDF)
- Document Protection Procedures (PDF)
- Procurement and Contracting Policy (PDF)
- Trade Agreement Covered Procurements Procedure (PDF)
- Glossary – Trace Agreement Covered Procurements Procedure (PDF)
CATSA regularly evaluates available passenger and baggage screening equipment. If you would like to tell us about your product, contact us at ProcurementInfo@catsa.gc.ca and include the following in your submission:
- A clear description of how your product addresses CATSA’s security screening mandate
- Sufficient supporting material for us to make a primary assessment
Note that all personal information collected is protected under the Privacy Act.