The Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA), established in 2002, is a Crown corporation responsible for:
- Pre-board screening – the screening of passengers, their carry-on baggage and their personal belongings;
- Hold-baggage screening – the screening of checked baggage;
- Non-passenger screening – the screening of non-passengers on a random basis; and
- Restricted Area Identity Card – the administration of access control to airport restricted areas through biometric identifiers.
CATSA’s social media accounts are another means of interacting with the organization and provide the opportunity to learn about getting through security more quickly and easily. We look forward to sharing information and encourage visits to our website for more detailed information.
Commenting Policy – What Is and Isn't Acceptable?
We welcome your comments and expect conversations will follow the general rules of respectful civil discourse. You are fully responsible for everything you submit in your comments and all posted comments are in the public domain. Please keep your submissions relevant and be civil.
Keep in mind that CATSA cannot tolerate comments that are offensive to an individual or an organization, rude in tone or abusive. We do not discriminate against any views but we reserve the right to edit or remove any comments that are:
- contrary to the principles of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms;
- racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, insulting, or life-threatening;
- serious, unproven, unsupported or inaccurate accusations against individuals or organizations;
- abusive, aggressive, coarse, explicit, vulgar, violent, obscene or pornographic;
- personal attacks and/or defamatory statements;
- encourage or suggest illegal activity;
- not authored by the sender (or the copyright holder, if applicable);
- solicitations, advertisements or endorsements of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency. Similarly, we do not allow attempts to defame or defraud any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency;
- announcements from labour or political organizations;
- written in a language other than English or French;
- not sent by the author and/or posted by anonymous or robot accounts;
- repetitive posts copied and pasted by multiple users;
- unintelligible or irrelevant;
- posted using all CAPS;
- too far off-topic and;
- any other message the forum moderators believe is inappropriate or does not add to the normal flow of debate.
Be respectful and ensure your comments are relevant to the section where they are posted. If you have questions about this policy or how it is applied, please contact us.
Anyone acting contrary to these rules may be temporarily or permanently excluded from the dialogue on this site.
A Few Other Important Notes:
- We cannot commit to replying to every comment posted. However, we will attempt to engage in conversations when possible.
- The views of participants commenting on these pages do not necessarily represent the views of CATSA.
- You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided. The information which you post is in the public domain. To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include phone numbers or email addresses in the body of your comment.
- Media is asked to send questions to CATSA’s spokesperson.
- Additional information may be found in the Important Notices section of the CATSA website.
Users may provide video responses as long as they respect this policy.
CATSA’s social media accounts are managed by the CATSA’s Communications Directorate at:
99 Bank St
Ottawa ON K1P 6B9
For further contact details please see the Contact Us page on CATSA’s website.
For Media Enquiries
The media may contact CATSA’s spokesperson during regular business hours and after hours for emergencies.
We encourage participation in our discussion and look forward to an active exchange of ideas.